- Provide an enabling environment for progressive advancement of Technical Education and Vocational Training in the state.
- Ensure inclusive expansion of Technical Education and Vocational Training relevant to stake holders in the state.
- Encourage greater private participation in the management of government educational training institutions and innovation in the Technical Education and Vocational Training.
- Provide educational infrastructure for the need based development.
- Provide opportunities for training and certification to the school dropouts, working labor, child labor and informally trained labor that have no certification for their skill.
- Strengthen linkages of technical education institutions with industries for mutual benefits.
- Upgrade skills through regular courses as per the needs of the industry and to provide technology course in the emerging areas.
- Take maximum benefits of the schemes of Government of India.
- Make efforts for optimal utilization of the resources of other departments for implementation of technical education programs.
- Develop infrastructure of Technical Education and Vocational Training in such a way that it can also be used by other departments for fulfillment of their trainings and other needs.
- Upgrade professional and managerial skills.
- Motivate students to achieve world class skills.
- Provide opportunity of skill development and technical education to all sections of the society without any gender bias.
- Ensure a transparent and fast system in the management of Technical Education and Vocational Training through the use of information technology.
- State Government shall encourage institutions situated in the State to implement National Vocational Education Qualification framework (NVEQF) and shall take necessary steps for its implementation.
- Provide courses in digital format for Distance Education and online system of teaching.
- Encourage institutions to achieve accreditation as per the national and international standards